Would It Be Possible to Shear the Fascia to Treat Cellulite?

Since cellulite is caused by fat pockets poking through openings in the fascia, would it help to break the fascia in affected areas? Would it grow back, and if so, what are the odds it would grow back in a better pattern than before? If it didn't grow back, would skin be saggy?

Try Cellulaze

+1

I recommend learning more about Cellulaze. Cellulaze is the first minimally invasive treatment that has the ability to smooth out the skin while keeping it cellulite-free. This procedure fights cellulite from under the skin not like other cellulite treatments. Please consult with your surgeon to find out more and if this is right for you.

Consider Cellulaze

+1

I would recommend you evaluate Cellulaze - a FDA approved one time treatment that utilizes a 1440 nm wavelength laser to accomplish 3 things:  1) melt away fat bulging out 2) break up fibrous septae (attachments) that create the indentations and 3) help thicken the dermis (skin) to prevent future recurrence.   The procedure can take between 60-90 minutes and can be completed under local or just IV sedation (depending on the length of your procedure and number of areas being treated). To see your final results takes between 3-6 months. You can visit the cellulaze . com website to learn more about the procedure and find a plastic surgeon who performs the procedure near you. Best of luck!
Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Cellulaze does it and more

+1

I would recommend Cellulaze for your cellulite, as what you are asking is part of the procedure to treat cellulite.

Cellulaze is the first FDA approved minimally invasive, one-time treatment for cellulite.  It utilizes a 1440 nm side-firing laser fiber optic to treat the three main causes of cellulite:  It breaks down the fatty bulges, then cuts the fibrous septae that cause dimpling, then finally stimulates the dermis to shrink and thicken in order to improve the look of you cellulite areas.

Good luck in your endeavors!

Robert Kratschmer, MD

Robert Kratschmer, MD

Cellulaze Best for Cellulite Reduction

+1

Thank you for your question. I would suggest Cellulaze to reduce your cellulite. Cellulaze is the only minimally invasive laser procedure designed to attack the structure of cellulite beneath your skin. It delivers longer-lasting results after only one short treatment. It is the first and only cellulite laser treatment that treats the actual problems underneath the skin to deliver a proven longer-lasting result from just one simple treatment. Cellulaze is backed by many years of clinical research. Studies have shown it increases the thickness of your skin by 25% and the elasticity of your skin by 29%—significant claims that haven't been made by any other treatments. Thicker and more elastic skin can help flatten and smooth the skin surface to improve the appearance of cellulite. In addition, 93% of patients surveyed were satisfied or very satisfied with their results at one year post their procedure, and all would recommend the Cellulaze cellulite laser treatment to a friend.

Daniel Shapiro, MD

Cellulite Treatment

+1

I'm not sure what you mean by "shearing fascia"  If you are referring to breaking up the fibrous bands underneath the skin that create the dimples of cellulite, then you need to explore cellulose.

Cellulaze uses a laser under the skin to attack the anatomic causes of cellulite. It is a minimally invasive procedure that takes 1-2 hours and can be safely done  under local or just IV sedation.  It is an FDA approved treatment for cellulite and requires only one treatment.  Hope this is helpful.
Dr. Sugene Kim

Sugene Kim, MD

Cutting the fascia for treatment of cellulite

+1

You are describing a fascitoomy. Depending on the location this could produce herniation of the underlying tissues and would likely produce an uncontrollable response.