My left breast has dropped, right breast is sore & torpedo shaped. Will this even out without needing a revision? (photo)

I get a quick sharp pain in my rt breast. Is this normal? The rt breast implant seems like it hasn't settled. I would like to start doing arms exercises but don't want to effect my breast. Dr has advised me not to use bands or to massage them. To just let them settle on their own. I don't go back for another month for my 3 month check up. Also I have some concern about the appearance of my nipples. One is darker in color and there is a shape difference. Will this correct itself or need revision?

Breast asymmetry after lift and augmentation should even out with time

+2
You are still early in recovery and the right breast implant should drop further.  As the implant drops the shape should be more symmetrical with that of the opposite side.  It is very important to follow the specific advice of your plastic surgeon who is taking care of you.

Asymmetry 8 weeks post-op breast lift plus implants.

+2
As my colleagues have stated, asymmetries are normal at this point in your surgical recovery, and can be expected to improve somewhat as time goes by.

Your identification of the specific asymmetries is accurate, however. The sharp discomforts you note in your right breast are the only things NOT to worry about--this is sensory nerve healing and feeling more (or less) on one side or the other is entirely normal.

Your right implant is indeed still higher than the left, but is the breast soft? Does your implant move easily in its pocket? If not, some of the high and tight, as well as the difference in shape, may be due to early capsular contracture. If the breast is soft and the implant moves well, then this can be expected to change over time as the pocket matures. The problem is, so will the opposite side. The only way I know of to improve symmetry is to use an elastic bandeau above the right breast and below the left (use a safety pin to a T-shirt to hold in place at night) nightly until better symmetry is noted. You'll have to discuss your surgeon's reluctance to use them with him/her. Just waiting doesn't usually work out, IMHO.

The areolar asymmetry in shape will likely require revision. Not sure why the color is different unless it was this way pre-op. But as the scar tissues soften and stretch, the dark(er) color will diminish since the same number of melanocytes will be present in a slightly larger area (less dense and therefore less dark).

The difference in inframammary scar length (areola to crease) may be partly the incomplete dropping of the right implant, or it may have been cut that way. If the latter, revision can tidy up this discrepancy. But not until at least 6 months (12 months is better) has elapsed to allow for maximum scar maturation and stability of the healing process.

So be patient for now, and see what time brings. revision can be discussed then, if needed or desired. Best wishes! Dr. Tholen

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Early asymmetry after a breast lift / augmentation

+2
Early asymmetry is normal.  Give it time before you judge the final result.  Also need to see your pre op photos.  Asymmetries tend to persist after surgery.  

Breast asymmetry

+2
Everyone has two diffferent breasts and it is common for them to be slighly assymtric. I would probably give them more time to heal.

Asymmetry

+2
Thanks for you question and photos. Before pictures would have been helpful, but wouldn't change what the current situation is.

It is hard for me to tell if the nipples and areolas are even on not on the photos. What does look uneven is the amount of breast tissue visible below the areolas. Getting excellent symmetry can be difficult when an anchor lift is done at the same time as an augmentation, and the need for a revision surgery is greater (though doing the procedures separately is obviously 2 operations). 

I would have a couple more months of patience to see what changes occur. By that time, an assessment of the outcome and any benefit of  a touch up procedure can proceed.  All the best. 

Allow healing to finish before passing judgment after mastopexy with breast augmentation.

+1
From the incisions it appears as though there is still a substantial amount of swelling. Allow this to totally subside before becoming critical about the final aesthetic product.