Shaving After Rhinoplasty

i am 6 and a half weeks post op from my rhinoplasty and im wondering if i can shave the hair of my moustache right under my nasal tip. im afraid ill pull it to the side or something or can i engage in this sortof activity?

Shaving 6 Weeks after Rhinoplasty

+1

You can shave without concern 6 weeks after your rhinoplasty. It was not necessary to wait this long, but all surgeons appreciate patients who are careful during their recovery.

Shaving after rhinoplasty

+1

Shaving is absolutely allowed after a rhinoplasty expecially at this point in time during the post-op period.  Just use common sense and do not push on the nose.

Shaving after rhinoplasty

+1

6 weeks after rhinoplasty it should be safe to shave.  I would just be careful since sometimes there can be some changes in sensation sensitivity, especially if you had an open rhinoplasty.  

Dr. Cat Begovic M.D.

Catherine Huang-Begovic, MD

Shaving is perfectly fine following rhinoplasty

+1

Shaving is perfectly fine following rhinoplasty. Even 1 week after surgery, your incision should be well on its way toward healing. I would be careful to the point that you don't cause yourself any discomfort but if it's not hurting to shave, go for it.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Shaving After Rhinoplasty

+1

Regarding: "Shaving After Rhinoplasty
i am 6 and a half weeks post op from my rhinoplasty and im wondering if i can shave the hair of my moustache right under my nasal tip. im afraid ill pull it to the side or something or can i engage in this sortof activity
?"

You can do ahead and shave the lip at his time. Although it is probably safe to do so, I would not pull the nose all the way to the side unless you cleared it first with your surgeon.

Dr. Peter Aldea

Shaving after rhinoplasty

+1

Shaving should be fine at 6 weeks especially if you have had a closed rhinoplasty. IF you had an open you may want to be slightly more cautious and be sure to

Shaving after rhinoplasty is fine.

+1

Hi anon,

6 weeks after rhinoplasty should be plenty of time for you to have healed up.  I don't give my patients any restrictions on shaving after rhinoplasty, but tell them to start again once it doesn't hurt anymore.

Good luck!

P. Daniel Ward, MD
Salt Lake City Facial Plastic Surgeon

Shaving after rhinoplasty.

+1
Shaving after rhinoplasty 6 weeks is not a problem. You won't hurt anything. Pulling the lip is fine.

Shaving after Rhinoplasty

+1

After 6 weeks you certainly should be able to shave.

Certainly I recommend doing this with care as the region between your lips and nose will be swollen.

Sometimes, using an electric shaver helps as well.

The fact that you are asking the question is a good sign that you are taking your recovery seriously.  Just be careful - but I would tell my patients that shaving is fine even as early as the first week following rhinoplasty.

Jon E. Mendelsohn, MD
Cincinnati Facial Plastic Surgeon