Shaved mole grew back in just 2 month ???

2 month ago I had an dark brown spot removed with the shave procedure from my low back. The result of biopsy cone back benign ! Now the spot come back even more darker and I m really nervous about. The dermatologist can see me in 3 weeks from now and I m afraid if it something serious that I may Loos time . Can some one tell me pls how serious can be ? Thank you 

The main two ways to remove moles

+2

Don't worry! Based upon the history you provided, I  believe everything will be fine. You should understand that there are two main ways to remove moles: the "shave" procedure, and the excision procedure, which is done with stitches. With the excision-stitch procedure, the mole should not come back, but you will be left with a line of stitches after, which will leave you with (usually) a linear scar. The "shave" procedure often gives a better cosmetic result and leaves less of a "footprint" behind. But there's always the risk with the "shave" technique that some of the mole cells may reside under the area that was "shaved" off, which can then lead to a recurrence of the mole if/when these cells start to regrow. The most important thing you mentioned is that the biopsy came back benign. As long as it was read by a dermatopathologist, I would take a deep breath, wait for your appointment in three weeks, and let your dermatologist assure you that everything is fine. Hope this helps!

Mole removal

+1

There are two ways to remove moles.  One is with a shave excision and the other is with complete surgical excision involving sutures.  If a shave excision was done, there is the likelihood that the mole will return.  I would follow-up with your physician for an evaluation.

Sam Naficy, MD