Shaved mole grew back in just 2 month ???

2 month ago I had an dark brown spot removed with the shave procedure from my low back. The result of biopsy cone back benign ! Now the spot come back even more darker and I m really nervous about. The dermatologist can see me in 3 weeks from now and I m afraid if it something serious that I may Loos time . Can some one tell me pls how serious can be ? Thank you 

The main two ways to remove moles

Don't worry! Based upon the history you provided, I  believe everything will be fine. You should understand that there are two main ways to remove moles: the "shave" procedure, and the excision procedure, which is done with stitches. With the excision-stitch procedure, the mole should not come back, but you will be left with a line of stitches after, which will leave you with (usually) a linear scar. The "shave" procedure often gives a better cosmetic result and leaves less of a "footprint" behind. But there's always the risk with the "shave" technique that some of the mole cells may reside under the area that was "shaved" off, which can then lead to a recurrence of the mole if/when these cells start to regrow. The most important thing you mentioned is that the biopsy came back benign. As long as it was read by a dermatopathologist, I would take a deep breath, wait for your appointment in three weeks, and let your dermatologist assure you that everything is fine. Hope this helps!

Mole removal

There are two ways to remove moles.  One is with a shave excision and the other is with complete surgical excision involving sutures.  If a shave excision was done, there is the likelihood that the mole will return.  I would follow-up with your physician for an evaluation.

Sam Naficy, MD