Will my son's eyebrow grow back after injury and will his injury scar? (photo)

My 4 year old boy get 2 stitches in his eyebrow and the doctor shaved his eyebrow hair near to the edges of the cut , does it will grow again and if it will do how long to be normal on the other hand about scar in attached photo it is 2 days after stitches removed Any advice regarding it and no sun exposure up till now

Plato's Scar Serum for an eyebrow scar

+1
Eyebrow scars are often associated with permanent hair loss. Time will tell.  Our office specializes in scar treatment and we would avoid any type of laser on this scar for now; opting instead to apply a silicone gel such as Plato's Scar Serum twice daily instead. 

Raffy Karamanoukian MD FACS

Will my son's eyebrow grow back after injury and will his injury scar?

+1
Hello!  It is unlikely that a blunt injury would have disrupted the hair follicles at the site, which would inhibit the hair from growing back at that site.  Given all follicles remained uninjured and intact, although possible, there should not be any permanent hair loss at the area.  

I would continue with scar massage as much as possible (3-6x/day) to the area in order to disrupt scar tissue, soften, and obtain the finest scar possible.  I would continue to protect the affected area from direct sunlight for up to a year with sunscreen and/or a hat.  It is inevitable that there will be a scar at the site, but these modalities will hopefully minimize any significant deformity.  

Scar revision is always possible several years down the road if there is any concerns.  Thank you for the question and photo!  Hope that this helps!  Best wishes!

Lewis Albert Andres, MD

Eyebrow Injury

+1
The site should heal fine without permanent hair loss.  Make sure you have a good wound healing cream and post-operative follow up with a dermatologic surgeon.  I wish you the best of luck, Dr. Emer.