I Shaved my Armpits when I Was in High School. It's Still Dark After All These Years Why?

I'm Asian and now 28 years old. High school was ages ago. Why are my underarms still hyperpigmented? I used hydroquinone solution back in college and it lightened it a bit. But the second time around... the peeling from the hydroquinone is just awful and it made my underarms red and painful. I didn't use the solution again. Please help me. Is there a cream I can use? I'm planning to use Retin-A to help exfoliate the top layer. Hopefully it will work.

Use Melapads and Melarase for underarm pigmentation

+1
I would use MelaPads in the morning followed by Melarase AM (non-hydroquinone) in the evening. 

Raffy Karamanoukian MD FACS