Can I Shave After a 20% Salicylic Peel?

Is it ok to shave the day after you have a 20% Salicylic peel? Or will the skin be too sensitive?

Wait To Shave After Salicylic

+1

It is best to wait at least 2 days after having a salicylic acid peel to shave.  If you have any areas that have scabbed over you want to continue to avoid those areas until they are completely healed.

Shaving after a salicylic acid peel

+1
Although a salicylic acid peel is generally a light peel I always advise patients to use caution with respect to shaving right after. If the skin is sensitive after the peel, try to avoid shaving. If the skin is not sensitive it's okay to shave during the first week after a salicylic acid peel but do so gently. Dina Strachan, MD. Nyc dermatologist. 212-627-1004

Dina D. Strachan, MD

It should be OK

+1

This is a very light peel. You should be able to shave, using a very emollient shave cream, after 24 hours. As always, check with your doctor to make sure they agree.

Mary P. Lupo, MD
New Orleans Dermatologist

Chemical Peel

+1

Salicylic acid is mild peel, you probably can shave with an electric shaver in the first week. then you can shave with  the blade.

Even though it is mild try not to irritate the skin too much.