I Had a Sharp, Almost Electric Pain with Injection of Radiesse in the Hollows of the Temple Area?

Two weeks ago I had Radiesse injected into the cheeks. Two days ago, I had Radiesse put in the sides of my temples above the cheeks to balance the look. The injection on the right caused immediate sharp, almost electric pain. To tender to touch. Very bad headache with occasional blurry spots on outer eye. Went back, she talked with opthamologist and said she may have hit a nerve. Ice, heat and take Motrin I was told. Will this resolve on it's own? Very tender, with constant headache. Renee

+1

This doesn't happen often but it is possible, keep taking Motrin and Advil till the pain eases. Follow up with your provider in a few weeks to ensure everything is okay. 

"sharp, electric" pain with injections of Radiesse in Temple area?

+1

Sounds like nerve pain.  This will usually resolve with time but you can take an anti inflammatory like advil or aleve to help.  If this doesn't work you can ask your doctor about Neurontin .  This is a Rx medication for nerve pain.

Sam Naficy, MD