Sharp Pin Like Feeling in Saline Implant?

I had saline impants put in about 8 months ago. I just noticed recently when I press on my left breats I feel a sharp "point" almost resembles what the top of a sewing needle feels like when you touch the tip. What could this be?

Sharp Point After Breast Augmentation

+1

Feeling something sharp after breast augmentation should be reviewed with your board certified plastic surgeon.  This is not a comment that I have had following breast augmentation.

Concerns after Breast Augmentation?

+1

Thank you for the question but you will find that your own plastic surgeon will be in a much  better position  to advise you have to direct examination. Online consultants can only speculate thereby providing you with only a guess.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastAugmentation.htm

Sharp point on saline implant

+1

Of course, without an exam it is difficult to say what a sharp point may represent. Are you feeling the valve of the implant?  You may want to see your surgeon to review this.

Saline implant feels strange: what to do?

+1

As you have read below, there may be a mechanical issue with how the implant is sitting ( would not change with position or time) or it may be the nerves to that area of the skin healing.  If it is a nerve then the feeling will come and go and change with time.  In either case, agree with follow up with your plastic surgeon

Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

A fold in the shell of a saline or silicone implant can create a palpable or even visible point.

+1

It sounds as though your implant has a fold.  Check with your plastic surgeon.  If it's only palpable and not visible, I probably would advise you to leave it alone.

Web reference: http://www.zubowicz.com/subpag,13-atlanta-breast-augmentation.htm

+1

Best bet is to see your surgeon who should be able to tell you what this is based upon an exam. Chances are it is either a fold (ripple) in the implant, or the valve, which is a circular area on the front surface and in the center of the implant, about the size of a dime. From you description it sounds more like the former. 

Thanks for your question, best wishes. 

Saline implant valve.

+1

Hello Jaelyn. Thanks for your question. It is possible that you may feel the fill valve. The fill valve is harder than the rest of the breast implant shell and that's how surgeons are able to put saline into your breast implant. It could also be a fold in the implant. Either way it is normal to sometimes feel parts of your breast implant. The best thing to do is to check with your PS. Best wishes, Dr. Aldo.

Pointy Implants usually caused by folding or rippling.

+1

Hello, and thank you for your question. 

Implants have a tendency to fold at the seams if they are a bit crowed in the pocket.  Different implants tend to fold more than others.  Saline implants have a lot of potential for folding, depending how over filled they are.  A little more over filling equals less folding, but also a more tense implant.  Silicone implants also can fold a little but tend to be less stiff at the point of the fold.

Crowding in the breast pocket far along on the recovery period (8 months in your case) could possibly be a sign of capsular contraction.  Deep massage of the implant can sometimes correct the problem, but you should follow up with your plastic surgeon especially if the breasts are starting to feel firmer.

Best Wishes,

Pablo Prichard, MD

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon