Why am I having Sharp Piercing Pain in breast, 2 weeks post op? (photo)

I am 2 weeks post , 2 days ago I started to notice a dent forming in my breast that looks suspicious along with horrific symmetry.Have been having a piercing sharp pulsing pain for 24 hrs in the dented breast. Recovery was easy,so this new pain is with odd timing at 2 weeks post op. Its taking my breath it is so painful, can only explain it as a hot nerve in a bad tooth:( My Doctor is a very busy surgeon in LA and doesn't have time to return my calls. I don't know what to do.

Sharp pain in breast

+1

While it is possible that a sharp pain is normal postoperatively (some patients experience different "nerve" pains for quite a while after surgery), it is important that you make an appointment to see your surgeon in person for an examination.

Dr. Michelle Spring

Pain in Augmentated Breast after 2 Weeks

+1

Sharp pain 2 weeks after surgery in the abscence of obvious infection, fever, bruising and swelling could indicate ongoing stretching of tissues.

Your history of pain and the appearance of the left breast may be due to an unreleased band of tissue that is being stretched by the weight of the implant.

Being in pain for a prolonged period following surgery constitutes an emergency. Please go and see your surgeon.

Morgan E. Norris, MD, FACS