Is Sharp Pain Normal 11days After Getting Breast Implants Under the Muscle?

I had breast implants inserted under the muscle 11days ago and now I'm having sharp pains In my right breast under the incision, it hurts to move I'm cretin positions and I am also waking up every night with dead arms which then turn into pins and needles. Are these symptoms to be expected?

Breast Pain After Implant Surgery

+2

The type of pain you are experiencing should resolve in a few weeks. Anti inflammatory drugs like Motrin are sometimes helpful. If you have a fever or incisional drainage, you should see your plastic surgeon. The pain may be due to muscle spasm or irritation of small veins below the incision.

Breast Augmentation Post operative Pain

+1

asWhat you have described is quite common  during the first 2 months after breast augmentation surgery. It is likely due to musculoskeletal strain and/or irritation of nerves after the body altering surgery.   It tends to happen periodically and is self resolving.  in a be related to positional changes, over activity, or may occur without provocation at rest.

Occasionally anti-inflammatories may be helpful. If persistence and/or is accompanied by other findings ( such as increased swelling and or firmness of the breasts)  the patient should seek follow-up with her plastic surgeon ASAP.

Sharp pains under the breasts common after breast augmentation

+1

It is actually quite common to experience sharp pains underneath your breasts after breast augmentation.  This usually subsides after several weeks but may persist for as long as three months.  I recommend applying a heating pad to the area which may help alleviate the pain.  Sometimes massaging the painful area gently three or four times a day can also help.

James Tang, MD

Pain at incisions after breast augmentation

+1

Incisional discomfort is farily common after surgery. AS for the numbness, etc.. it may be from positional changes as you sleep. You should probably speak with your doctor to be evaluated and make sure everything is ok.

Pain Post-op

+1

You're still early enough post-op to expect these and similar symptoms as part of the normal healing process.  With the under muscle approach more of these 'twinges' are to be expected...so I wouldn't be too concerned.  However, in the unexpected chance that anything unusual is happening you should probably have your surgeon take a peek.  Good Luck!  Scott Newman, MD FACS

Scott E. Newman, MD, FACS