Sharp pain in my left breast near bottom of cleavage area during certain movements. Whats happening? (photo)

I had a breast augmentation revision in April of 2013. I switched from 390cc saline to 650 cc high profile silicone. I had to have a Capsulloraphy done as well. I wanted to go as big as possible. Just recently I am experiencing sharp pains in my left breast near the bottom of the cleavage area. It only happens when I lift my left arm or reach behind me. There is also a small ripple in that area. It doesn't hurt when I press on it.

BBA

+1
You should see your PS soon.  You are at risk of the implant being exposed and this could result in loss of the implants/infection.  There are options available to you.

Revising breast implants

+1

Massage might help with the pain, and placing a piece of Alloderm or Strattice over the implant where it is "poking out" might help hide this area.

Jeffrey E. Schreiber, MD, FACS

Sharp pain in my left breast near bottom of cleavage area during certain movements. Whats happening?

+1

Based upon the posted photo you have a serious issue of implant "knuckling" that could cause exposure by pressure effect of the knuckle in the implant wall. You need to seek immediate care and possible surgical intervention.  

Ripple and Pain after Breast Aug Revision

+1
Without a physical examination, it is difficult to give good advice. The ripple may be due to the implant extending through the capsulotomy with a new 650 cc implant. The pain may be muscular pain and should resolve or diminish within a year. Try heat, massage, non steroidal anti-inflammatories (Motrin, Advil, Alleve), stretching, etc.

Consult your surgeon and trust the advice or seek a second opinion.
Best wishes

George C. Peck, Jr, MD
West Orange Plastic Surgeon

+1

Based on your history, description, and photograph, it is likely that you are feeling/seeing the breast implant in the area that you have pointed to. This area of the breast is an area where there is less coverage than others and where a breast implant is more likely to be seen/felt, especially when a patient or surgeon tries to go “as big as possible”.

At some point, you may benefit from revisionary breast surgery which may involve additional capsulorraphy and/or the use of acellular dermal matrix to provide more coverage for the breast implant in this area.

You may find the attached link, demonstrating some examples of similar situations, helpful to you.