Is Sharp Under-breast Pain (Especially in Evenings) Normal 4 Weeks After Double Mastectomy and Expanders Put In?

It feels like I have a metal wire cutting into my ribcage under both breasts. I have been experiencing this pain since the expanders were inserted. I don't feel as though I can tolerate weeks or months more of this. Some saline solution was added at time of surgery, then 55ccs of saline were added in the doctors office 2 weeks later (2 weeks ago).

Expanders and pain

+1

It is not uncommon to have some pain after breast reconstruction surgery. Most likely your pain is from sutures placed along the fold.  Best to ask your surgeon.