Shaping Nose After Juvederm Injection

i just had juvederm injection to my nose to give it volume and pointy tip...but i was wondering if i can give it more shape afterwards by myself at home by molding it and pinching it to be higher and pointier?

Molding juvederm

+1

I would avoid self-mainpulating the juvederm unless your doctor recommend it to you. Otherwise go bak to yoru doctor.

Self molding of Juvederm after injected

+1

If you were to try to bulk up the tip of the nose by massaging the product into this area from where it had been injected, it may not lend itself to displacement a while after injected. It is more readily done very shortly after the procedure. You may while attempting to move it to where you want, push it to areas that are undesirable, or to areas that won't augment and you might decrease the apparent volume effect. You might just need more filler placed where you want it.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Shaping fillers

+1

NO you should not do any shaping, massaging of the filler.

Only your doctor can do that, you can give your input to your plastic surgeon as to what you want or like.

You mold the Juvuderm at home and you can ruin the result and YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE.

Changing Juvederm shape of nose

+1

Manipulation or massage may help change the shape but you must move quickly as the Juvederm will not be malleable for long. On the other hand, you may need a second treatment is a few weeks to augment what you have now.

Scott E. Kasden, MD

Non Surgical Rhinoplasty with Juvederm Injections; Okay to Massage?

+1

Hi Candy,

Please discuss this with your injecting physician. When we inject the nose with filler, it is put where we believe it belongs. In some cases it is okay to massage, but do get the okay from your doctor first. Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Molding After Juvederm Has Limited Effect

+1

Molding after the Juvederm injection can have effect only if done immediately.

The risk of molding it into the wrong place is also a small possibility. The best thing you can do is to leave it alone.

Regards

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

I would avoid excessive moulding on the tip

+1

Depending on how deep and where the Juvederm was placed it may be pretty well locked into place. It is really hard to answer your question without seeing your before photos and knowing exactly where the Juvederm was injected. For instance, in the lips it is possible to massage the material around a bit after the injection to flatten lumps and bumps. I doubt that you will be able to do this in the tip of a nose (though it can be done over the dorsum).

I would also worry that the deep pores of the supra tip area of the nose, which are full of bacteria, could cause a problem with excessive manipulation and might cause an infection if the Juvederm was injected too close to the skin. Once again, hard to answer this one without more info.

Hope this helps.

Ivan Wayne, MD
Oklahoma City Facial Plastic Surgeon

Taking Matters into Your Hands Rhinoplasty

+1

The vast majority of soft tissue fillers placed under the skin of the nose can be molded just like a clay sculpture. What can be done would depend on how much product was placed where you can move it. I would be careful about not allowing such activity to become a daily ritual and a preoccupation.

Shaping Juvederm in the nose

+1

Yes, you can do some massage and shaping with pressure from your fingers.  The amount of change that can be made is usually minimal as the result really depends on the amount of material injected and where it is placed.  In short, attempting to shape it yourself will cause no problems.

Louis M. DeJoseph, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon