Will Shape of Nose Stay the Same After 2weeks Post-op, Just Smaller?

I had my bump removed, tip slited lifted&pinched,a little over 2 weeks ago (my cast was removed 1wk ago).Doctor says swelling looks good.Swelling on top of tip went down a little but bottom have still swollen.I liked it when the whole thing was swollen evenly.Will the shape stay the same as when it was all swollen just a little smaller?Will my tip fall more(he used suture technique),I want it to stay where it is.Also the columella is still swollen(open rhino), will that come up a little as well?

+1

No way to tell what and by how much your nose is swollen after your Rhinoplasty so things can change significantly in one or more areas of the nose in the following months.

Healing after a rhinoplasty

+1

Rhinoplasty:  postoperative healing
1. The swelling will go down in the first few weeks
2. Much will be improved by 3 months
3. Continues improvement for 12-18 months
4. The shape may change some
5. The tip will drop some

Swelling after rhinoplasty

+1

Swelling resolves in phases. As it goes away your nose will change, hopefully all for the better. It is impossible for anyone to tell you precisely how fast or to what degree your swelling is still present. You need to rely on your surgeon to guide you through sine he/she "was there" and knows exactly what was done. While most of the swelling is gone by 3 months, it can easily take a year for all of the swelling to go away.

Ronald Schuster, MD

Expectations following open rhinoplasty

+1

You can expect that swelling can take up to a year to maximally resolve with the tip being the last to subside. Realize that as the swelling resolves over time, it doesn't do so proportionately or necessarily symmetrically. Your tip should come down slightly over time.

Steven Turkeltaub, MD

Shape of Nose 2 Weeks Post-op

+1

As swelling resolves the size and contours of your nose will change. All rhinoplasty surgeons on this panel thank you for the compliment, but none of us have ever done this surgery and achieved the final result within 2 weeks.

Two weeks post-rhinoplasty

+1

At two weeks there is too much swelling to determine the ultimate final appearance.  Usualy the tip becomes smaller and the tip drops a bit.

Swelling after nose reshaping surgery

+1

Swelling and nasal tip and dorsal distortion is normal and can take up to two years to resolve. Be sure you are doing the routine your surgeon has recommended to quicken your postoeprative recovery.

Laurie Casas, MD