Is there a difference in Shape of Chin Implant between Medpor and Implantech?

In terms of shape, does a Medpor chin implant differ greatly from an Implantech extended anatomical? I think an Implantech would give me a more feminine contour, but my PS swears by Medpor.

Implantech versus medpore implants

+2

All of the implant manufacturers have multiple sizes and shaped implants for plastic surgeons to chose from. The ultimate result is less an issue of which material is selected as the proper technique, placement and shape that is used in your specific situation.

Web reference: http://www.drlamperti.com/facial-plastic-surgery/chin-augmentation

Chin Implant Sizes and Styles

+2

While there are some definite differences in sizes, shapes and styles between these two chin implant manufacturers, getting a good male vs female chin implant result has little to do with who makes it. Female chin implant results need to be less wide and have more central projection and both implant manufacturers offer implant styles that do that. Most women are better off with little to no lateral wings or extensions on the implant. Choosing the wrong style or size of chin implant, regardless of the manufacturer, will result in a less than desireable chin outcome.

Web reference: http://www.eppleychinaugmentation.com/

Chin Shape with Medpor vs Implantech

+2

While I personally prefer the Medpor, there are multiple choices re the size and shape of all implants, which can always be customized. If you're happy with his results, I suggest you follow his recomendations.

Implant shape

+2

Every implant company has multiple shapes and sizes.  Some are similar and some are significantly different.  Also some may be custom made for the patient or defect to be corrected.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Chin implants

+2

I think Implantech as more shapes and options.  I tend to use Implantech.  It's a simply a preference.

Chase Lay, MD

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon