Belly Button Shape Changed After Smart Lipo

I had smart lipo done 5 weeks ago on my upper/lower abs and flanks. My flanks are the same as they were before if not bigger, they dont seem to be swollen, very loose. My upper abs has seemed to go down, my lower abs are still swollen and I cannot see any change. My belly button is a weird shape now, instead of it being round it looks like it is smashed. Is this normal after 5 weeks?

Liposuction and swelling five weeks later

+1

There always is swelling after liposuction, regardless of the type such as Smart Lipo (laser-assisted) or ultrasonic, water jet, conventional tumescent, etc.  It takes months to obtain your new shape, but if you have concerns of your results you should be seen by your surgeon for an evaluation. Compression garments often help keep the swelling down to a minimum during the healing. You can also ask your surgeon how much suprnatant fat was removed to get a good idea if there will be significant reduction, although it is the procedure and the fat that is left behind (you need some) that may be a better determinant of the final result than how much was removed.