Forty Year Old Mom of Two and Considering Breast Augmentation. Best Options for Getting Some? (photo)

Hello... After two children and training for a marathon, the girls are, ahem, somewhat deflated. I'd like to have them filled back up but not so big that I can't head out for a good long run. They should balance out my rather large booty but not be so big that my conservative mother-in-law will notice. ;) I've already had a consultation with a PS but I'd like to have more doctors weigh in. I've included three pics of myself from various angles and one "aspirational" photo. Thanks!

Common Breast Augmentation Concerns

+1

Well, first of all, congratulations on the marathon and having two children! You look like you are in great shape. You highlight a common concern I hear in my practice:  you want to increase the fullness of your breasts but you are concerned about relatives noticing that you've had surgery. You look to be an excellent candidate for breast implants. I recommend using silicone implants with subpectoral placement.  I think it is difficult to suggest a size just based on your pictures, but in-person using 3D imaging and breast implant sizers, you should be able to find implants that will balance your body and look natural enough that your mother-in-law won't notice. Best of luck!

Long Island Plastic Surgeon

40 Year Old Mom Considering Breast Augmentation

+1

From your photos it looks like you would benefit from a breast augmentation with silicone gel implants in sub-pectoral position (under the muscle).  Implants alone should increase your volume nicely and should shift your areolas up a couple of centimeters but you may want to ask your surgeon if a donut lift at the same time would optimize your results.  At my office we try on the implants and can also use the 3D imaging system, but you and your surgeon should determine the best size for you at your physical exam.

Irvine Plastic Surgeon

+1

All expert posters agree at least an implant. I also agree. I might use a 400 cc UHP silicone or a 390 Sientra teardrop textured. Best as you realize to have more IN PERSON evaluations. 

Implants and deflated breasts

+1

The best way to assess what would be best for you would be to properly evaluated you in person during exam. It is impossible to do without it.

Marathon runner and breast deflation correction

+1

I would think a modest breast augmentation would be great for what you want to accomplish, but that is not what your "aspirational" photo indicates. I would, based on what you have said, go for volume restoration.  A breast lift is quite possibly necessary, mainly if you go submuscular.  The breasts just sit too low on the chest wall to NOT do a lift in that scenario.  If you put the implants over the muscle you won't "need" a lift, but you'll be back for more complicated surgery in a few years or so.  Best of luck.

Breast aug

+1

Hi Angela,

thanks for the post and the pics. You are in great shape and should be congratulated on keeping up with exercise. Hard to do for most people. I would agree that you have some mild sagging and a moderate profile implant should be a good choice for you. the sagging isn't severe, and you could opt for just implants alone if the sagging isn't your primary concern. 

Your nipple still points up slightly which is the best scenario for implant fill. it's important to place the implants at the IMF fold and not to over dissect this area to prevent a double bubble deformity. 

You look tall in the pics. how tall are you? your longer frame would accept a larger implant and still not look too big. 

Best to you. 

Rockville Plastic Surgeon

Best option for breast augmentation fora 40 year-old marathon runner and mother of 2 children?

+1

Based upon your history and photos I would suggest inserting small implants, preferably silicone because you have don't ahve much breast tissue to camouflage the feel of the implants. You also have mild to moderate sagging of the breasts( not surprisingly after 2 childbirths) for which I would recommend a breast lift with the scar confined to the areola. This scar susally heals very well. But after looking at your aspirational photos I really do think that a simultaneous breast lift would be recommended. Of course, the ultimate decsion will be made at time of consultation. But being a runner you should definitely keep the implants small. Good luck!

Web reference: http://drlefkovits.com

Breast Augmentation Restores Volume

+1

Based on your pictures, breast augmentation should be able to reinflate your breasts. If you are a dedicated runner, a smaller augmentation is less likely to interfere. Discuss your size goals frankly with your plastic surgeon. Example picures help, as does trying on and filling up a bra that is the desired size. Seeing how clothes fit and your look before surgery can help increase satifaction after surgery.

Web reference: http://www.sanfranciscobreast.com/breast-augmentation.html

Walnut Creek Plastic Surgeon

Forty Year Old Mom of Two and Considering Breast Augmentation. Best Options for Getting Some?

+1

You look tall, and your breast is empty, you need a contour implant to fill the upper pole.  

Spanish translation provided by doctor:

Usted parece alta, y sus mamas flat o con falta de relleno, usted necesita un implante contour para rellenar el polo superior.

Argentina Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation Concerns?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

You do appear to be a good candidate for breast augmentation surgery. Your breasts do demonstrate some breast asymmetry and sit relatively low on your chest wall.  You do have some glandular breast ptosis;  nevertheless, I think you are a good candidate for breast augmentation surgery assuming you have realistic expectations.

In regards to selection of the best breast implant size/profile to help achieve your goals, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural”  or “small C” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

I hope this (and the attached link) help.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastAugmentation.htm