When Can Sexual Intercourse Resume Safely After Smartlipo?

I am 5 days post-procedure and all drainage has stopped from the 7 incisions of the abdominals, flanks and bra fat areas. I am still swollen and am using my compression garment. I can fit into my previous clothes, although snuggly. Pain level is tolerable, mostly soreness. Otherwise, I have energy and have resumed normal ADL, except my exercise routine. Is gentle missionary activity ok or can it interfere with the healing process?

Sexual Relations will NOT Interfere with Liposuction results

+3

To summarize: You are "... 5 days post-procedure and all drainage has stopped from the 7 incisions of the abdominals, flanks and bra fat areas...still swollen and am using your compression garment...Pain level is tolerable, mostly soreness. Otherwise, I have energy and have resumed normal ADL, " but despite the soreness and swelling you want to resume having sex and wanted to know if "Is gentle missionary activity ok or can it interfere with the healing process?"

Wow! I salute your resiliency and joie de vivre. I am sure that men the world over would like to know if you have any available sisters. Just joking.

If you are up to it, do it. Having "reasonable" sexual activities should not affect your liposuction results.

Dr. Aldea

Sexual activity after Smartlipo is a matter of comfort

+1

There are very few types of physical activity after Smartlipo surgery that will have a negative impact on your recovery or the final result. Sexual activity may resume as soon as you feel comfortable afterwards.

Web reference: http://www.eppleyliposuction.com/