My face looks more toned on one side after sculptra 3 months ago. How can I disguise this problem? (Photo)

I HAD FOUR vials total to refresh my face. I'm 30. The right side looks toned and ok but the left has some howling and doesn't look firm . What possibly happened with the sculptural. I feel my face looks uneven is there anything that could disguise this problem? Thanks so much for any advice

Sculptra Treatmtnets

+2
Sculptra Aesthetic is used to correct shallow to deep facial wrinkles and folds, it is specifically designed to stimulate natural collagen growth over an extended period of time with multiple sessions. Sculptra’s collagen improvement continues for 6 months after your last session. Once you are done with your Sculptra treatment sessions the results can last up to 2 years.

It’s not uncommon to need more filler on one side of the face, you can wait the full 6 months to see if your face becomes more symmetrical or you could have more Sculptra injected to the Left side of the face. I would however recommend that you return to your Board Certified Dermatologist so he/she may assess your treatment and give you recommendations on your next step.

Irvine Dermatologic Surgeon

+2
Easy answer - get more sculptra on the left to even out the result. Very unusual not to need 3 to 6 vials in my hands.

Uneven correction after Sculptra?

+2
It seems you had all four vials in one session 3 months ago?

The full results of Sculptra are not seen until 4 to 6 months after each treatment session.  I see the best results when I inject only one or at most two vials in the first session, then another one, possibly two, at one month and then at another two to 4 months later. The thinking and experience is that with each session, you see a greater response even if the amount injected is the same.

Then again, there are other experienced injectors who feel they get great results with larger volumes and fewer sessions.  But the advantage of spacing it out Is that you have an opportunity to inject more in areas that seem to need more correction.  Some facial asymmetry before treatment is always present, but if desired, this can be at least partially corrected.

To get the best results with the least expenditure, I suggest you do one of two things: return for one vial which will primarily be injected on the left side of your face, or wait a full six months to see the final effect, and then return if needed for a little more wherever it is needed.

I think you will be very pleased with the results!

Sheryl D. Clark, MD