I Just Turned 30 but a Lot of People View Me Older. I Feel my Skin Seems a Bit Lax? (photo)

my jaw and under chin skin looks loose and my cheeks look droopy would I be a candidate for a facelift?

Face lift at 30

+2

I agree that you are too young to have a facelift. Getting on a good medical skin care regimen can go a long way towards improving the overall appearance of your skin. Equally important is avoiding smoking and protecting your skin from the sun with a good sun block.

Just turned 30. Am I a facelift candidate

+2

You are too young to have a facelift! You have years before you will "need" one.  Go see a board certified cosmetic dermatologist and get on a good anti-aging skincare routine.  I think you will notice a nice change after you begin a program.  ac

Angela Champion, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Skin laxity at 30 years of age.

+2

Dear Roni, many people at your age begin to notice that the skin of their face is loosening up a bit.  However, at this age, the skin laxity is usually not apparent either on the photographs or in person.  The good news is that the sensation of skin looseness will not turn into a noticeable laxity for at least another 5-10 years.  For that reason I would not recommend a facelift at this age.  At the age of 30, one is much better off with other cosmetic procedures, such as fat grafting or fillers, that make the face look refreshed and rejuvenated.  Best wishes!

Konstantin Vasyukevich, MD

I just turned 30 but a lit of people view me older- facelift?

+1
A facelift is probably not the best procedure for you. You have a nice jawline and neck line. You may consider fillers before considering surgery. Have your face examined by a board certified surgeon.

Suzanne Kim Doud Galli, MD, PhD, FACS
Washington Facial Plastic Surgeon

I Just Turned 30 but a Lot of People View Me Older. I Feel my Skin Seems a Bit Lax?

+1

I would not recommend any type of facelift at this time based upon the pictures and description.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA