I was told that a Facelift may be beneficial for me, am I a good candidate? (photo)

I'm 30 and a mom if 4.

30 is too young for a facelift.

+3
By 30, the aging process just isn’t advanced enough to warrant a facelift, and you already look younger than 30 as it is. If you’re concerned about some of the early signs of aging, like fine lines or crow’s feet, med spa treatments such as BOTOX®, dermal fillers or chemical peels can help you maintain your youthful look for many years to come. Most of my patients don’t consider a facelift until around their 50s or 60s, when they start to see noticeably lax skin.

A treatment that I would recommend for women in their 30s and 40s is Ultherapy.This is the only FDA-approved technology that uses ultrasound energy to non-invasively lift and tighten skin.

Am I a candidate for a facelift

+3
It is exceedingly unusual for a 30 year old to show signs of aging that would benefit from a facelift. From the picture that you provided you do not appear to have any jowling or laxity in the neck. At most, you may have a little bit of hollowing in the region under the eyes. You look very good for a mother of four.

Todd C. Miller, MD

Face lift at 30

+3
  • I hope it wasn't a plastic surgeon who told you to have a face lift.
  • If it wasn't a professional but a friend or relative - wow, not a nice person!
  • I have done early face lifts on women your age; your photo shows that you do not need one.
  • Nor does the photo show a need for office cosmetic treatments.
  • You have a beautiful face and look remarkable for a mother of 4. 

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

You do not need a facelift

+2
There is no indication whatsoever for facelift based on the photograph provided. Minor aesthetic issues can be dealt with safely and relatively inexpensively using fillers or Botox.

I was told that a Facelift may be beneficial for me, am I a good candidate?

+2
No.

Although the photograph is not standardized and an in-person consultation is needed to fully assess your features it is good enough to determine that a facelift would not be in your best interest, in my opinion.

At 30, most people would benefit from good skin care products, avoiding the sun, and perhaps Botox or fillers to reestablish youthful contours.  At 30, the adage less is more applies.

Timothy R. Miller, MD
Aliso Viejo Facial Plastic Surgeon

Candidate for facelift?

+2
Looking at your photo, you are too young for a facelift. If you wish to improve the appearance of your face, there are many other treatments you may try over the next number of years. Some of these treatments include the following:

1) Botox
2) Facial fillers
3) Facials and skin rejuvenation procedures

The best thing for now would be taking preventative measures such as wearing a good sunscreen, avoiding alcohol, and smoking, as they can all age the body significantly. Thank you and good luck. 

Jonathan Kulbersh, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Facelift for person in 30s

+2
Dear Roni, thank you for your question.Facelift surgery can dramatically improve the cheeks, temple area, jawline, and neck, but is not an option for everyone.  Consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon who can offer a variety of options. Good Luck!

Roy A. David, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Not a candidate for a facelift

+2
At age 30, you are not a candidate for a facelift. Most patients in our practice who undergo a facelift or usually Between 50 and 60 years of age.  For many examples of older men and women who have had a facelift in our practice, please see the  link below

was told that a Facelift may be beneficial for me, am I a good candidate?

+2
At 30 years old, I do not suggest a facelift.  You need to speak with your facial plastic surgeon to discuss what is bothering you.  There are many, many options (other than facelift) for you.  You are attractive and youthful, so facelift is not for you!

Facelift for a younger patient

+2
As other facelift surgeons have stated, you are not a good candidate for facelift surgery based on the photograph and your age. Other cosmetic procedures you may consider, which are more appropriate for younger patients, include Botox, facial fillers, chemical peel, laser resurfacing, etc. If you haven't already, then speak with a cosmetic specialist to help determine appropriate options for you.

Dr. Chaboki

Houtan Chaboki, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon