are cheek implants good if you notice your cheeks are flat from too much running. Or would fat transfer be better? i'm 30 .

Fat transplants or cheek fat

+2

Cheek implants are permanent.

If you have lost fat in your face from running, you may not have enough fat for a fat transplant.

Fat transplants work in some people but too often, the fat absorbs in 6 weeks to 18 months. 

Are cheek implants good if you notice your cheeks are flat from too much running. Or would fat transfer be better? i'm 30

+2

I would suggest cheek implants, as you are 30 years old and we don't know how long the fat will last!  Cheek implants are permanent and look incredibly feminine.  Cheeks do make women very soft, and beautiful!  The incision is inside the mouth, so no one knows a thing!

cheek implants for flat cheeks

+2

The cheek augmentation procedure involves insertion of a Silastic  implant through an intra-oral approach under a brief general anesthesia. The implants are manufactured in a variety of sizes and shapes which is best determined at the time of the consultation and examination. We do not perform fat injections in the cheeks due to the unpredictability of the procedure. For examples and for more information please see link below

Cheek Implants

+2
Check implants will give you a permanent solution to your problem.  Consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for an exam to discuss your options.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Implants vs. Fat for Cheek Augmentation

+2

Given that you are 'metabolically challenged' being a runner, I would not have much faith in the retention of any fat graft volume in you. Cheek implants obviate this concern and are the assured and permanent solution to your flat cheeks.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Cheek implants vs. fat transfer for cheek augmentation

+2

I've found that cheek implants are much more reliable and create a more consistent contour. There are plastic surgeons who swear by fat transfer but I feel the results are unpredictable. There is also anecdotal evidence that fat survival is lower in thin runners like yourself. In cases like yours a silastic implant is the only option that will last a lifetime and typically create a predictable, natural result.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Voluma to give volume to cheeks

+1
In order to restore volume in your cheeks your best option would be Voluma. Voluma is a facial filler that can last up to two years, will restore structure and give you a softer contour to your face. Make an appointment with your doctor to get a better understanding of Voluma and what may be best for you.

Bruce E. Katz, MD