Severely uneven smile 10 days post op lower facelift and neck tightening. What is my prognosis?

Hello, my right upper lip does have movement and feeling but doesn't rise nearly to level of left when I smile. Also can't scrunch my nose as much on right. The right side of my face is slightly more swollen than left. Could this be a factor? What is my prognosis? If this doesn't correct itself what are my options. Everything looks fine till I smile.

Uneven ten days post facelift

+1
I always recommend that you back to see your surgeon for an opinion.  You probably have swelling that is causing your findings.
In the event that one of the branches of the facial nerve became stretched it is very likely to recover. So, your prognosis should be excellent. Good luck.

Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Uneven smile 10 days after lower facelift

+1
There would still be some expected swelling present at 10 days after a lower facelift and this can definitely make the face appear uneven.  It will take a few months for the swelling to resolve and in most cases, the uneven appearance will improve.  Be sure to discuss this issue with your surgeon so that your progress can be monitored.

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

10 days post with smile asymmetry

+1
It is not uncommon to have some facial animation asymmetry post-op that is often due to swelling. Usually this improves with time, but follow closely with your surgeon.