Severely Depressed and Unhappy with Rhinoplasty Results?

11 days post-op, I am extremely unhappy with my new nose.My dorsal is still big and I wish I had reduced its size a bit more than I asked for.My nose is slightly crooked , and I asked for a very pointy tip which doesnt look pointy at all. my tip is currently very round and i dont know if its swelling or if my surgeon didnt make it pointy enough. Anyways I'm wondering if this is my final result.. i know it will change later on but how much will it change? Should revision be considered?

11 days after rhinoplasty

+1

You seem to be well aware yourself that it is too early to judge your results. As far as how much  your nose will change as the time goes by is very difficult to predict since this depends on multiple factors (prior anatomy, technique used, skin quality, etc). At this point you just need to be patient, and don't think about any revision yet.

Rhinoplasty Recovery

+1

You are getting way ahead of yourself. Rhinoplasty takes a long time to get to the final result, anywhere from 6 to 12 months after surgery. You are not even at less than two weeks after surgery anywhere having even the swelling to go down, let alone having the tissues shrink and adapt to the new underlying and altered framework which supports it. It would be better to be starting to get concerned at 11 weeks but not 11 days after surgery. Much will change between now and then and there is a good chance many of the issues you have now will either be gone or significantly less concerning.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

11 days post surgery

+1

11 days post surgery is still very early for you to judge the results of your surgery - be patient and follow up with your surgeon

Sam Naficy, MD