Severe swelling after Volbella lip filler. Can I have some advice? (Photo)

Hi I've had fillers before and always experienced a small amount of swelling, but 5 hours after 1 vial of Volbella ( the first time I have had this filler) and my top lip feels like it's about to pop. The swelling is severe and very uncomfortable. If this continues I honestly think my lips will start to split. I've iced them and taken arnica (for the week leading up to the injections) but this swelling is really quite scary. I could use some advice on this please...

Severe swelling after Volbella

+1
Volbella is a hyaluronic acid filler for the lips available in Canada, and I have therefore not had experience with it, but it is similar to other hyaluronic acid fillers that I have worked with.

You are smart to ice it, but I really think you should see your doctor, who may consider injecting some hyaluronidase and/or perhaps giving you some prednisone. The swelling generally starts to come down very soon thereafter.