Severe Swelling After IPL Treatment

i had one ipl treatment and have severe swelling my eye area wasnt treated, yet my eyes are almost swollen shut after 3 days

Severe Swelling after IPL Treatment

+2

Possible causes of severe swelling after an IPL treatment include burns from the treatment, allergic reactions,  infection, or a reaction to something applied to the skin (such as a cream or lotion). Additional factors can include sun  or any other exposure after the treatment.

Redness of the skin is not uncommon after an IPL, but the reaction you are describing is rare. I recommend that you contact your plastic surgeon and ask to be evaluated so that he or she can help you with your problem.

Burley Facial Plastic Surgeon