Flu-like Symptoms Persisting for 2 Weeks After Botox

I have had severe side effects from botox for 2 weeks now, how long is this likely to last? I had botox injections 2 weeks ago, after 5 days I developed flu like symptoms, aching, chills, severe headache and dizziness and am still experiencing these very unpleasant symptoms. How long is this likely to last? Also, I have had botox before, 2 years ago and had none of these symptoms, why is this?

Botulinum Toxin (Dysport and Botox) and flu like symptoms

+1

Your flu like symptoms are more likely coincidentally related rather than causally related to the Botulinum Toxin (Dysport and Botox) injections.

Flu like symptoms after recieving Botox

+1

I am sorry for your discomfort but sometimes these symptoms are completely unrelated to the actual injections of a neurotoxin.  I would advise you to contact the office where you received your injections and alert them to your illness.  They should be able to tell you if anyone else has come down sick and also report this issue to Allergan.  There is a special number to call if you experience an usual side effect from a Botox treatment and they can also help you mitigate/treat the issue. 

In any event, please get loads of rest and stay hydrated by drinking non caffienated beverages.  The affects of Botox is self limiting and will eventually go away.  Treating yourself well during this time will get you back feeling better sooner.   Good luck. 

Michael L. Workman, MD