How Severe of a Problem Can Be Fixed with Invisalign?

My adult stepson has the WORST mouth that I have ever seen. Some teeth are forward, some are back, some are turned.

His lower jaw rises up and then drops down at the front, while his upper teeth drop down and then rise up in the front. This means that when he bites down; only 4 teeth make contact; 2 on each side in the middle.

He believes he needs to have his jaw broken, teeth removed, dental implants, bridges, and extensive cosmetic work. I was hoping that something less invasive, like Invisalign, would be able to help. Any comments?

What Should You Do With Severe Dental Problems

+1

If I were you (and I am a mom too), I would find the best dentist in your area to quarterback your stepson's case. This dentist will do a thorough exam and have recommendations ready. He will refer you to specialists for any surgeries, orthodontics (braces) that would be needed -- and he would keep everyone on the same page to achieve the best outcome for your stepson. This is not the time to look for the cheapest guy -- if he gets the right team of dentists - his case will look good, feel good, and last a long time. I have excellent specialists in the Atlanta area who do these cases all of the time.

Atlanta Cosmetic Dentist