1 month post op, I have a severe pain that started after septo-rhinoplasty with turbinectomy. Is this normal?

One month after the procedure, after making a smile, felt a severe pain, feeling of tightness of the muscles at the top of the mouth and nose, and upper lip become swollen. Hence forth, the pain did not go away and have worsened to the point where I can not stand it. The doctor who performed the surgery says it is not a complication of the procedure and that the problem is not the scope of their specialty. What can I do to find cause and treatment for this horrible pain? I'm desperate!

Severe Pain 1 Month Post Rhinoplasty

+1
This is not normal. If you are not comfortable with your surgeon's response get a second opinion and nasal examination.

+1
This is not normal.  If you have severe pain, you should see your Plastic Surgeon as soon as possible.  Best wishes!

Robert E. Zaworski, MD