Severe Pain in my Right Breast 1 Week After BA, What Should I do?

It's been little over a week I had my breast augmentation surgery and I still can feel severe pain in my right breast. There is no other symptms but pain. I can't really move anyhow because everything causes the pain. What should I do?

Breast Implants

+1

I would contact your surgeon when the office opens in the morning and stop in for a look-see.  That said, this could be normal, and it is common to have more pain on one side compared to the other.  All the best, "Dr. Joe" Gryskiewicz

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Post augmentation recovery

+1

Sorry for your post op pains.  This may be normal or may represent an evolving problem best evaluated by your Plastic Surgeon soon.  Hope your situation gets better soon.

Craig Harrison, MD, PA
Tyler Plastic Surgeon

Severe Pain 1 Week after Breast Augmentation

+1

This is not unusual for the first few weeks. Let your surgeon know so that you can get better pain control. 

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

Breast pain post augmentation

+1

It may be totally normal. I would suggest you see your surgeon and get checked to rule out a complication that may be causing the pain. It may be normal healing and the muscle on that side may be thicker and less forgiving, but an examination is the best thing to rule out a problem.

Rick Rosen, MD
Norwalk Plastic Surgeon

Severe Pain after Breast Augmentation?

+1

I'm sorry to hear about your situation.

Unfortunately,  there is no “magic bullet”. You need to follow-up with your plastic surgeon ( sooner than scheduled if necessary)  to rule out a  potential complication causing the pain. There is no replacement of an in-person examination for patients one week out of surgery.   Your surgeon will likely inquire about activity level and the use of medications; you may find that the surgeon will be able to help you with pain control by adjusting medications. Physical examination will be key.