Severe Pain on Outside of Breasts when Lying on Back?

I am 9 weeks post op for a submuscular 350cc silicon breast aug. (I'm 39yrs 5'8" & 127lbs). I have severe pain on the outside of both breasts when I lie flat on my back or try to lay down on my sides. Even with Ibuprofen, sleep aids and a sports bra the pain is so severe I can not sleep in a bed. I have to sleep to upright that a recliner is my only option. Are my muscles so week I need some sort of physical therapy? I am exhausted and upset that I can not sleep in a normal bed.

Breast Pain

+1
It is extremely hard to make accurate diagnosis as well as giving crucial decision making clinical decision without an in person physical examination along with a length discussion, please see your local board certified plastic surgeon in your area. If you dont have a surgeon or cant locate your surgeon you can look at the american society of aesthetic plastic surgery website and search by zip code or postal code. I wish you the best success!

Severe Breast Pain At 9 Weeks After Breast Augmentation

+1

The sharp pain at about 2 months after the surgery is not common and by now you should not exhibit such symptoms.
Without examination it is hard to diagnose the precise cause of the pain as it could range from muscular spams to insulted nerves as well as a possible referred pain. Anti-inflammatory and muscle relaxants could be the appropriate solution.

Therefore, I recommend that you consult with your surgeon for an in-person evaluation/examination as he/she knows the full details of her surgery.

The best of luck to both of you.
Thank you for your post.
Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Severe Pain Nine Weeks Post-Augmentation is Not Typical

+1

This is unusual after a routine augmentation, especially at nine weeks post-op. Sometimes
the muscles between the ribs can spasm and hurt with certain positions. Muscle relaxants and anti-inflammatories are the usual treatment. You should
most certainly get in touch with your surgeon and be seen for the issue. 

Ahmed Abdullah, MD
Dubai Plastic Surgeon

+1

I am so sorry about your experience with your pain. It is unusual at this point for you to have that much pain. Being that said many women to have aches and pains here and there. I would tell you that massage of the breast along with anti-inflammatory medications and a support bra would help but clearly you have failed. In my practice I often will use Valium as a mild muscle relaxer. Without seeing you it is hard to say what your problem is. There may be some nerves that are being irritated that hopefully will resolve over time. You will definitely need to see your surgeon to explore this, but at this point I do not have a magical answer. I sincerely hope your pain resolves, and I think it will in time. Best of luck!

Richard J. Brown, MD

Severe pain on outside of breast

+1

You may want speak to your doctor and ask him to prescribe you muscle relaxers. A low dose volume will help relieve your symptoms and help you sleep well.

Scott Loessin, MD

+1

Two months after surgery most women are pretty close to back to normal activities. I am sorry to hear about your course. It is not uncommon to have some unusual sensations, but to the extent that it interferes with your day to day life is most uncommon.

Seeing your surgeon and/or your regular physician is more likely to get you back to normal function than anything the online consultants can determine.

If no specific and treatable cause can be found, you might ask your doctor to consider prescribing local anesthesia patches, which can be applied directly to the painful area. That, accompanied by anti-inflammatories may be able to break the cycle of pain and get you back to full function.

Thanks for your question, and best wishes. 

Pain 9 weeks after breast augmentation

+1

More details about your surgery are important to help understand why you ahve pain at 9 weeks after breast augmentation. The first thing to do is see your doctor.

Pain 9 Weeks after Breast Augmentation?

+1

I'm sorry to hear about the painful/frustrating experience after breast augmentation surgery. Based on your description, my first recommendation would be trying the anti-inflammatories/supportive bra ( that you are already utilizing).  Given that these measures have been unsuccessful, it would be in your best interest to follow-up with your plastic surgeon who, after careful physical examination, will be in the best position to advise you.