Severe Pain on and off in Abdominal Muscles 10 Weeks Post Op?

10 weeks post tummy tuck/uh repair. Great result and normal recovery so far with soreness in my ab muscles intermittently. Recently it has ramped up a lot. If I press down the center line of my abs, the muscle feels corded and hard. Some swelling. The pain can be intense. Laughing is excruciating and even just standing up can set it off. It feels like a permanent charlie horse. Pressing down on it helps a little. Is this a normal part of recovering from this surgery? Will it go away?

Severe Pain 10 Weeks Post Tummy Tuck

+1

Most of us tell our patients 6 weeks is when you can resume all activities.  That doesn't mean you won't have twinges of pain here or there occasionally.  This can be especially true if you engage in strenuous activities right away.  They do get better with time.  That is why and it is true that you can still have swelling for up to 6 months.  As always check with your plastic surgeon to have an exam and make sure nothing untoward is going on.

Mobile Plastic Surgeon

Pain after a tummy tuck

+1

Even though it's been 10 weeks, you still might have some occasional pain.  If you're concerned at all with anything, go see your plastic surgeon to make sure nothing else is going on.

Jeffrey E. Schreiber, MD

Pain after 10 weeks for TT.

+1

Hello and thanks for your question. It sounds like you're still healing and perhaps even having muscle spasms. It would be a good idea to check with your PS about your discomfort. Best wishes, Dr. Aldo.

Aldo Guerra, MD