Severe Noticable Bumpiness on Thighs 3 Weeks Post-op

I had Liposculpture done 3 weeks ago today,I had inner+outer thigh as well as the knees. I can see a 40% improvement already however I am very concerned as on both my outer thighs I have two very big protruding bumps the size of a $5 note.I know my surgeon did a lot of work in those areas as that is where I carried the majority of fat.However these bumps are very noticable and I have had lymph drainage massage and have now started deep tissue massage almost everyday,is this normal? does it go?

Lumps and Bumps after Liposculpture or Liposuction

+1

Swelling and areas of firmness ( i.e. areas of "lumps and bumps") are common in the first several weeks after liposculpture and liposuction
First of all, you are still in the immediate postoperative period (first 6 wks) and are expected to be swollen with areas of firmness. This is not your final result so be comforted by this message and relax a bit. Massage can help manage firm lumps and bumps following liposuction or liposculpture.
Therapeutic or "lymphatic massage" may be helpful following  a  Liposculpture or Liposuction (Smart Lipo, Vaser, Tickle lipo, or conventional lipo) to minimize swelling. Make sure your surgeon feels that you have healed sufficiently  and it is safe before doing this.  Endermologie is also very helpful after liposculpture/liposuction but again, not critical.  Although deep tissue massage following liposuction can aid in smoothing out  contour irregularities that invariably accompany this procedure it has limited effect on the final outcome and  is NOT mandatory. Some plastic surgeons recommend it to all  patients as they feel the edema resolves faster.  Ask your surgeon to show you or a significant other how to do this if cost is an issue. Typically they will have you massage toward areas of maximum lymphatic drainage ( for example groin or armpits) A low sodium diet may also be helpful early on.

Liposuction Recovery

+1

You are only 3 weeks out of surgery so irregularity is common.  I recommend that you communicate with your surgeon so that he/she can keep an eye on your recovery. I recommend that my patients wear compression garments on the areas treated for at least 4 weeks post op and massage is very important.  Be patient and keep doing the massage.

Lumps after liposuction may be due to inflammation

+1

Lumps after liposuction may be due to inflammation. These will normally resolve. Those due to the surgery can be improved 3-6 months later.

Edward Lack, MD
Chicago Dermatologist

Lumps and bumps at 3 weeks post op

+1

Continue to wear your compression garmet and massage the area. These lumps and bumps should subside within the next 3 weeks or so.

Jaime Perez, MD

Liposculpture versus liposuction.

+1

First and formost please be aware that the word LIPOSCULPTURE  is a MARKETING term.   Liposculpture is LIPOSUCTION.   I guess you could say its liposuction carefully done but hopefully all liposuction is carefully done.   LIPOSUCTION and LIPOSCULPTURE are 100% exactly the same thing.    So lets just say you had plain old liposuction which is what you had.  Dont be confused by MARKETING terms.   You will better understand your self etc.  Lumpiness is 100% normal after LIPOSUCTION and usually gos considerably with time but not 100% always.  I tell patients that skin does amazingly well after LIPOSUCTION but never perfect.    Massage etc helps.  All massage is useful but at one year those who did and those who did not are 100% exactly the same.  Massage only speeds the reduction of swelling a little.   God Luck,    Dr Commons.

George Commons, MD
Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon

Lumpy bumpy liposuction 3 weeks later

+1

AT 3 weeks it is quite common to experience swelling and lumps and bumps following liposuction. Generally this will persist for another 3 weeks and thereafter (at 6 weeks), it should begin to subside. Continue your massage treatments.

+1

Options: See you surgeon ASAP. Lymphatic massages. Ultrasound therapy. Re operation in 3 months. But No photo can not advise specifically. From MIAMI Dr. Darryl J. Blinski