Is a Severe Leg Pain Normal After a Liposuction ?

i had liposuction done two weeks ago on my hips, inner and outer thighs and the waistline, the first week i was fine not very much discomfort and than last friday my leg started to hurts so bad i put up with the pain for 4 days and finally tuesday i decide to go to the ER i couldnt take the pain no more, they did on xrays and on ultrasound and they both came out fine and they suggested to go see a bone DR. IS this leg pain cause by the liposuction?and how long it will last?

Post op pain common after liposuction

+1

Post op pain after liposuction is common and can last for up to 6 weeks. Blood clots in the legs, Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT), can also occur, and can be life threatening if they spread to the lungs and cause pulmonary emboli.  DVT is manifest by calf pain, swelling, redness and tenderness.  The diagnostic test is a doppler ultrasound on the calves and thighs, if positive than blood thinners are needed to prevent further clotting.

Omaha Plastic Surgeon