Severe Facial Wrinkles, Loose Skin and Deep Nasolabial Folds at Age 22, What to Do? (photo)

Dear experts, I need your advice. I am 22 but look +10 years! I started noticing wrinkles at about age 20 and it's just getting worse and worse. Also, I developed deep nasolabial folds and marionette lines and the skin just seems more and more loose everyday. Also, I had blepharoplasty done 8 months ago and things are getting back to what it was and I really just don't know what to do. Also, what could I do with my acne scars? Thank you very much for your help, DesperateGirl

Wrinkles, loose skin, & sags! What to do?

+2

Aging of the face usually involves 3 components: 1. gravity (sagging), 2. loss of volume, and 3. skin changes.  

Everyone has some of all of these. We usually deal with sagging by repositioning tissue surgically to a more supported position. We deal with loss of volume by adding volume (fillers, fat, etc). We deal with skin changes by non-surgical skin enhance (skin products, some lasers) and/or procedural treatments (lasers, chemical peels, dermabrasion) that help stimulate new skin. Sometimes we recommend working on all 3 issues at the same time. But they can also be addressed separately over time. 

The best options for an individual person vary & a consultation with a qualified cosmetic surgeon is a good place to begin. 

Louisville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Wrinkling at age 22

+1

You should consult a board certified dermatologist who can examine your skin, see which treatments would help you, advise products for you to use and stress the importance of sun protection. 

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Aged 22 loose skin deep nasolabial folds

+1

Botox and laser resurfacing of forehead will give excellent results. At 22 years of age, fillers is perhaps the best and simplest choice. Acne scaring is best treated through an ablative laser such as Cutera's Pearl fusion or Fraxel repair. Both these lasers will tighten skin, but there is down time.

David Ellis MD 

Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Art of Facial Surgery

David A. F. Ellis, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon