Could a Severe Diastasis Recti and Umbilical Hernia Have Happened During a C-secton? (photo)

Could a severe diastasis recti and umbilical hernia have happened during a c-secton? I have had this separation/giant hole for two years since my 2nd child. I am having a tummy tuck abdominoplasty with a PS and general surgeon next week. I have constant stomach aches/ mid back pain and can't wait to be put back togther!

Rectus diastasis and umbilical hernia after c-section

+1

From the looks of you in your pictures you definitely have rectus diastasis and an umbilical hernia.  It is unlikely that these result from your c-section; more likely they are presents from your children (read: pregnancy).   You should be able to get a great result with repair.

+1

Your issues are due to the pregnancy not the C-section. Ask your two surgeons to explain this concept to you. Best 

Diastasis and Hernia from C-Section

+1

The issue you are experiencing is not caused from a C-section, it is caused from pregnancy alone. I wish you the best of luck with your procedure and your recovery. If performed correctly, you should look and feel much better.

Amy T. Bandy, DO, FACS
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Rectus diastasis from pregnancy

+1

The changes you have are from the stretching of the pregnancy, not from the c-section.  Good luck with your TT and hernia repair.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Could a Severe Diastasis Recti and Umbilical Hernia Have Happened During a C-secton?

+1

These didn't happen during the c-section, they happened during the pregnancy as your child and the placenta grew and stretched out your abdominal wall more than it was able to recover. They probably only became apparent after the delivery. 

Good luck with your upcoming procedure. Thanks for the question.