Severe Bruising After Tummy Tuck 6 Days Ago? (photo)

Hello- i had my tummy tuck 6 days ago and an experiencing no pain or symptoms however my tummy looks different from all the pics I've seen online. Is this normal for all the redness and /bruising?

Skin Loss after Tummy Tuck

+1

It is not clear from the picture whether there is bruising of the skin or skin loss. You could also have a hematoma I do not see any drains. You should see your physician tomorrow morning.

Skin and fat necrosis due to lack of blood suply

+1

Your photos are what we see when there is not enough blood going to the skin and fat in the area just below the belly button.  You should see your surgeon very soon and have this evaluated and treated.

You may need more surgery to remove the dead and dying tissue before the problem becomes significant. 

Albuquerque Plastic Surgeon

Hello

+1

Sorry to hear about your complications, again the picture does show blood flow problems. It can be treated there is a possibility that you can lose that part of the skin called necrotic tissue. It will heal but it is a process. Continue to follow your PS carefully and do everything he/she instructs you to do. Do not apply more pressure on your incision and keep it clean every day. Best of luck

Skin necrosis after tummy tuck

+1

As the other doctors have said, rather than bruising the discoloration you see is from inadequate blood flow to the skin.  This needs immediate evalyation and attention from your surgeon.  Likely, there will need to be removal of this tissue and extensive wound care.  It will eventually heal but your doctor needs to see you immediately.  Sorry for your troubles.

Bruising might be confused for a more significant problem--loss of skin.

+1

You need to see your surgeon.  The "bruising" may very well represent skin with inadequate blood supply.  This can lead to loss of the skin that would require further surgery.

Web reference: http://www.zubowicz.com

Severe Bruising After Tummy Tuck 6 Days Ago? (photo) Hello

+1

Sorry but your posted photo is not of only bruising but a possible skin necrosis. Best to seek immediate care from your surgeon or another medical doctor. You have an urgent issue. PLEASE seek care! 

Severe Bruising

+1

I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing severe bruising after your tummy tuck.  Although I do not know the details of your procedure, your health status (ie history of smoking?), it appears that you may be experiencing loss of skin in the lower portion of your tummy.   The bruising is a sign of poor blood flow to the skin.  Hence, you may be at risk for skin necrosis.   Please see your plastic surgeon for a formal evaluation.  Best of luck.

Dr. Basu

Houston, TX

Web reference: http://www.basuplasticsurgery.com

Complication after Tummy Tuck?

+1

I'm sorry to hear/see about the complication you are experiencing. Unfortunately, I would agree with previous responders that you are likely dealing with a complication more significant than “severe bruising”. Based on the position and distribution of the skin discoloration, you are dealing with blood flow compromise to the tissues involved. Contact with your plastic surgeon on a relatively urgent basis is indicated.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_tummyTuck.htm

Impending Necrosis of Lower Abdominal Wall

+1

Obviously, you should be in close communication with your plastic surgeon at this time.  The photograph that you sent us appears dangerously like a portion of your lower abdominal skin is going to necrose (not survive).  If you were my patient, I would send you immediately to the hyperbaric chamber.  Oxygen under 1 atmosphere of pressure driven into semi-viable tissue can very often turn a dangerous situation into a very surprisingly positive situation.  I also use DMSO.  This is a veterinary medicine that improves the blood supply to tissue.  Finally, nitroglycerin paste very often opens up venus channels.  These three modalities will definitely improve, if not cure, the predicament I'm assuming that you're in.

Please understand myself and the other two plastic surgeons who have responded don't have the advantage of a face to face exam and the ability to feel and touch the tissue.  Your private plastic surgeon has, I'm sure, already thought of all of the above.  Thank you for this time-sensitive question, good luck and please let us know how it all turns out.

Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Severe Bruising After Tummy Tuck 6 Days Ago

+1

I don't want to be an alarmist, but this looks like it may represent more of a problem than bruising. You may have some inadequate circulation to the lower abdominal skin. I would strongly recommend a call to your surgeon today as there may be some interventions which might limit the amount of injury.

Thanks for the question and for the photo. Best wishes. Consider posting some follow up information Hope all goes well for you.