I Had Severe Bruise After Tear Trough, After 4 Weeks I Can Still See Brown Mark, Is It Permanent? (photo)

Long lasting bruise

+4

I've had a FEW LONG lasting bruises, 2-3 months. Especially in the lower eyelids. Probably just some good ole' healing "bad luck". Patience for now. Perhaps Arnica if your primary doctor OKs this. Arnica is known for its anti-bruising properties. Its not much bet might give you a sense of doing something while time passes. Best of luck!

Salt Lake City Facial Plastic Surgeon

Blood pigment

+3

This is likely a by product of red blood cell breakdown. Though bruising usually resolves within a few weeks, sometimes it by product staining [iron based] can last a few weeks up to a few months.

This usually improves with time, so I recommend patience for now. There is photofacial therapy [IPL] that can help if you are not satisfied with the progress.

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

NO SUN byVillar

+1

Bruising usually resolves but in some patients the iron cannot be reabsorbed from the area, leaving brown staining.  If you do not protect the area with #30 or above sunscreen, some patients get over stimulation of the melanocytes from the inflammatory  effects of the bruising.  This results in brown hyper-pigmentation that may take months of topical lightening agents to remove.  It is sometimes permanent.  Best wishes. Knowledge is power.  Luis F. Villar MD FACS

Luis Villar, MD