How Much Will Settling Change the Shape & Size of my Implants? (photo)

Pre-BA stats: 36A, wide ribcage, 5'3", 117lbs, 23 yrs old Post-BA stats: 330cc Allergan mod profile silicone unders Will the projection of the bottom of my implants increase? Does the fullness of the top of the breast just disappear or does it move towards the bottom? Is the flatness due to the shape of the implant or because my skin is still tight? I don't want to be any smaller than this and I was wondering what size I should be able to expect after they start to "drop & fluff" more. Thanks!

Too High Implants Will Settle and Drop To Normal Shape in 3 to 6 months

Your implants look normal for early after Breast Augmentation. The implants will drop and fill the lower pole and create a nice normal profile.

Massage and Breast Implant Displacement exercises help-ask your surgeon.

The implants should feel progressively softer and more moveable. If they begin to feel tighter see your doctor to make sure you are not forming a capsule.

How Much Will Settling Change the Shape & Size of my Implants?

This looks like a typical post op appearance, with high riding implants. As the pectoral muscles relax to accommodate the implants, and the tight breast tissue stretches a bit, the upper pole will decrease, the lower pole will fill out. The appearance so far looks good. It may take up to 6 months for the implants to settle. 

All the best. 

How long does it take for implants to settle?

The fullness at the top will settle into the bottom of the breast, which becomes much more rounded. The flat, oval shape is due to the tightness of your skin and breast tissue. The tighter your tissue and the bigger the implant, the longer this process takes.
I tell patients it takes a month for them to look 50% better, 3 months to look 90% better, 6 months to look great, and a year for scars to fade. Based on your photo, I think you will have a very nice result.

Dana Goldberg, MD
Jupiter Plastic Surgeon

Drop and fluff after breast augmentation

Thank you for your question. Drop and fluff refers to post-operative period in which the breasts begin to descend and fills out the lower half of the breast. It may take several months for this to happen and can be encouraged with breast massage and compression. It may appear that the breast enlarges as the lower aspect of the breast fills out (at the expense of the upper portion of the breast). You may find that the breasts appear fuller as bottom becomes more pronounces, even though it is a redistribution of the volume.

More natural breast contour in the months ahead

The upper pole fullness will lessen a bit as you drop and fluff, and the bottom of your breasts will round out so you can have a more natural appearance. Right now, your implants are being slightly compressed by your tight skin, and it takes a couple of months to expand. Wait about 3-4 months.

Drop and fluff

It is still too early to determine the true results of your breast augmentation. Your body will adjust to the implants over about three to four months, and you'll find that their shape becomes more natural in appearance. They won't be as high and tight. This allows for the implants to settle more into a better position with the help of gravity. A gradual redistribution of volume from the upper to the lower breast occurs, resulting in an enlargement and rounding out of the lower breast. This process tends to occur sooner in one breast than the other, so don't be alarmed if you find that your left drops before the right or vice versa.

Breast implants settle

I believe that your implants will settle as you continue to heal and the swelling subsides. The skin on the lower portion of your breast will stretch slightly and they will look even better with time. Good luck.

David Stoker, MD

Breast Enhancement

At this point the skin and muscle is tight as things settle you will notice more softness and rounding out of your implants which will help with a more natural appearance 

They will stay same size but shape will improve

It looks like you have very little swelling but just the susal tightness that follows a breast augmentation. The upper pole fullness/swelling will decrease a little and the lower pole will round out or "fluff" which overall will give you a very similar size but a much better looking breast. I think you are on your way to a great my opinion.

Joshua B. Hyman, MD

How long for my breast implants to drop

Your implants are very high which is normal at this point in your recovery. Over 3-6 months the implants will settle and drop, filling the bottom of the breasts more fully. You should get a great result.