How Much Will Settling Change the Shape & Size of my Implants? (photo)

Pre-BA stats: 36A, wide ribcage, 5'3", 117lbs, 23 yrs old Post-BA stats: 330cc Allergan mod profile silicone unders Will the projection of the bottom of my implants increase? Does the fullness of the top of the breast just disappear or does it move towards the bottom? Is the flatness due to the shape of the implant or because my skin is still tight? I don't want to be any smaller than this and I was wondering what size I should be able to expect after they start to "drop & fluff" more. Thanks!

Too High Implants Will Settle and Drop To Normal Shape in 3 to 6 months

+3

Your implants look normal for early after Breast Augmentation. The implants will drop and fill the lower pole and create a nice normal profile.

Massage and Breast Implant Displacement exercises help-ask your surgeon.

The implants should feel progressively softer and more moveable. If they begin to feel tighter see your doctor to make sure you are not forming a capsule.

How Much Will Settling Change the Shape & Size of my Implants?

+2

This looks like a typical post op appearance, with high riding implants. As the pectoral muscles relax to accommodate the implants, and the tight breast tissue stretches a bit, the upper pole will decrease, the lower pole will fill out. The appearance so far looks good. It may take up to 6 months for the implants to settle. 

All the best. 

How long does it take for implants to settle?

+2
The fullness at the top will settle into the bottom of the breast, which becomes much more rounded. The flat, oval shape is due to the tightness of your skin and breast tissue. The tighter your tissue and the bigger the implant, the longer this process takes.
I tell patients it takes a month for them to look 50% better, 3 months to look 90% better, 6 months to look great, and a year for scars to fade. Based on your photo, I think you will have a very nice result.

Dana Goldberg, MD
Jupiter Plastic Surgeon

Breast implants settle

+1
I believe that your implants will settle as you continue to heal and the swelling subsides. The skin on the lower portion of your breast will stretch slightly and they will look even better with time. Good luck.

David Stoker, MD

Breast Enhancement

+1
At this point the skin and muscle is tight as things settle you will notice more softness and rounding out of your implants which will help with a more natural appearance 

Ryan Neinstein, MD, FRCSC

They will stay same size but shape will improve

+1

It looks like you have very little swelling but just the susal tightness that follows a breast augmentation. The upper pole fullness/swelling will decrease a little and the lower pole will round out or "fluff" which overall will give you a very similar size but a much better looking breast. I think you are on your way to a great result....in my opinion.

Joshua B. Hyman, MD

How long for my breast implants to drop

+1

Your implants are very high which is normal at this point in your recovery. Over 3-6 months the implants will settle and drop, filling the bottom of the breasts more fully. You should get a great result.

Kurtis Martin, MD
Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

Early in healing and breast implants

+1

You certainly have a very nice result.  You can expect your skin to relax and the breast implants to drop over the coming weeks to months.  Give yourself more time to heal before making any final judgments.  Continue the open dialogue with your plastic surgeon.

Raj S. Ambay, MD

How much will settling change the shape and size of implants?

+1

Thanks for your photos.  It seems to me that you have a nice result - the implants are in balance with your anatomy.  The tissue will relax, be patient and work closely with your ps.  Best of luck!

Vladimir Milovic, MD, FRACS
Sydney Plastic Surgeon

How much do breast implants change over time?

+1
You look like you will have a very nice result. Your size will get a bit smaller as the swelling decreases and the fullness in the upper breast will also decrease as the lower portion of the breast gets rounder. Mostbof the swelling is gone in the first couple months with a slight residual amount dissipating for a few more months. The most common complaint nationally is the girls like the look of their breasts right after surgery and don't want them to change. This is why many plastic surgeons go slightly larger than they would have otherwise. Best Wishes, Pablo Prichard, MD

Pablo Prichard, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon