How Many Sessionss Would It Take to Eliminate This Tattoo? (photo)

I have a tattoo on my forearm that is almost 6 and a half inches in length and almost 1 and a half inches in width. Almost a week old and I completely regret it. It was an impulse, I have an appointment with a specialist next week but my anxiety can't wait that long. I would appreciate it if anyone could estimate how many sessions it would take to get rid of this horrible tattoo once it is healed. Thank you.

The Amount of Tattoo Removal Sessions?

+1

Unfortunately, it is impossible to tell you how many treatments it will take to remove your tattoo; all tattoos are different. The depth of the tattoo in the dermis, the type of ink used and how well your body responds and recovers from each treatment will all play a part in determining how many treatments you will need.

At Cape Fear Aesthetics we use pain management that makes the tattoo removal process a much more pleasant ordeal, which is unheard of in our area, and makes multiple sessions easier on the patient. I recommend searching for Board Certified plastic surgeon’s offices in your area and finding out which ones offer the most effective and pain free tattoo removal. “Dr. D”

Fayetteville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Sessions for tattoo removal

+1

For one thing you will have to wait for the tattoo to mature, which is usually three months.  The amount of sessions really depends on the depth of the ink and the colors used.  Most black tattoos can be removed in usually 6 sessions, spaced about 2 months apart.  But it can take more.  I would recommend the Revlite SI for tattoo removal.  It utilizes a photo-acoustic laser technology to shatter the ink particles, as opposed to a photo-thermal system, which can cause more scarring.

Robert Kratschmer, MD

Tattoo removal

+1

Good news is the younger the tattoo the easier to remove. There is a technique to remove tattoos in fewer sessions than traditional techniques. Your dermatologist can advise you on how to perform this more rapid approach to removing the tattoo. In general , tattoos do require several to many treatments and are often charged per treatment so get an estimate from your doctors office prior to starting

Boulder Dermatologist

Laser tattoo removal

+1

Laser tattoo removal would be the best approach to treat your unwanted tattoo although fresh tattoos do not respond as well to laser treatments. Your range of treatments could be anywhere from five to more than ten depending on densely the tattoo artist made your tattoo. I would recommend you see a board certified dermatologist with expertise in laser surgery as they have the knowledge to optimize your treatments. Good luck.  

Stamford Dermatologic Surgeon

How Long to Get Rid of a Tattoo

+1

It is impossible to predict exactly how long it will take to remove a tattoo.  Everyone's body flushes out the tattoo ink fragments (the result of a laser tattoo removal session) at a different rate.  Additionally, because the tattoo industry is largely unregulated, we do not know what ingredients were used in your tattoo ink, so it is difficult to predict how it will respond to tattoo removal treatments.  Most patients require between 4 and 20 treatments for tattoo removal.  It appears that your tattoo is made of black ink and you are fair-skinned, both of these factors can indicate that tattoo removal will go smoothly.

Web reference: http://www.nyccosmeticdermatology.com/the-fast-new-way-to-remove-tattoos/