How Many Sessions Should I Expect for Removing a Small, Black Tattoo with the Alex TriVantage Laser? (photo)

I have a black ink tattoo on my wrist of a cross measuring about 2 inches long and 1 inch across. It's entirely black and the pigment is relatively uneven. (Some lifted in the healing process.) I recently booked an appointment for removal using the Alex TriVantage laser and I'm wondering how many sessions to expect before the tattoo is completely erased? Thanks!

Removing a black tattoo

+1

Once your tattoo is evaluated and your provider has elicited the appropriate history of the tattoo, he or she should be able to give you an estimate of the number of treatments required for clearance of the tattoo ink.  Variables such as the density and quality of the ink, layering and scarring in the area are questions that will need to be further elucidated before an accurate estimate could be given.

Best Regards,

Pensacola Facial Plastic Surgeon

Best estimate...

+1

The best answer to this question is based on the only published study by Drs. Kirby and Desai called the Kirby Desai scale.   It is impossible to give medical advise without an exam and photos are very misleading so this is a complete estimate and do not take this as medical advise as it is not intended as such.  I would google this term and you will get more information about it but based on the scale for a dark black well done professional tattoo on your wrist with your skin tone it is about 13 treatments.  This scale predicts with 80% accuracy how many treatments it would take.  I myself like the PicoSure which I find works very well with fewer treatments than other machines however different docs have different machine preferences based on their experiences.  There is no good study comparing the exact tattoo treated with different lasers to compare.   Good luck!

Evan Sorokin, MD
Cherry Hill Plastic Surgeon