Seroma 3 Weeks Post Mommy Makeover. Also Had BL and Rippling Around Nipples Are Horrible?

i m 3 weeks post op from a mommy makeover. i am unsure if the lower abdominal swelling above my incision but below my belly button could result in a seroma.i am concerned about this outcome. also i had a benelli lift done and the rippling around my nipples are horrible and appear odd. will this too heal with time i am unable to load a picture to my email to post. my blackberry is acting up at the moment.

Seroma?? Rippling Around Nipples

+1

I don't wish to give any false reassurance without the benefit of  at least a photograph. Swelling is common, seromas not common. A call to your surgeon and the visit if needed will usually resolve your question about whether there might be a fluid collection

.

As far as the pleating around areolae, these are typical after most breast lifts. When the areola was sutured typically 2 circles of unevenness size are sewn together and this results in "gathers" or "pleats".  If these plates were cloth in a hem, they would be permanent. However the skin will remodel and it is expected that after several months of healing these ripples or pleats we'll no longer be present.

Good luck and best wishes

Concerns after Mommy Makeover?

+1

As you can imagine, your plastic surgeon will be in the best position to rule out complications after physical examination. This physical examination will be necessary to differentiate “normal” swelling of the abdomen from a seroma.   Arrange for an earlier than otherwise scheduled follow-up with him/her if necessary.

Irregularities/pleating  around the areola is part of the healing process after Benelli  breast lifting surgery.  These areas generally smoothen out significantly over time.

Rippling around areolas and abdominal seroma

+1

The area above your tummy tuck incision is commonly swollen this early after a tummy tuck and can last for several months...this is due to lymphatic fluid that is temporarily trapped above the scar and typically resolves on its own...if you are concerned about a seroma, see your surgeon...an exam will quickly answer the question...rippling or pleating around your areolas are generally the norm this early after a periareolar type mastopexy...again, time will help these to flatten but may take months.

Leonard T. Yu, MD
Maui Plastic Surgeon

Concerns 3 weeks after Tummy Tuck and Breast Lift

+1

It sounds normal from your description. The area between your belly button and scar is always the most swollen after tummy tuck. A seroma is possible but impossible to tell by your description. Pleating is always an issue with a Benelli type of mastopexy. The best recommendation is to return to your surgeon for evaluation.

Ronald Schuster, MD