What Does a Seroma Look Like?

I am 3 weeks post-op,I have swelling along the top of my whole sca,which I think is normal but How do I know if any of it may be a senoma or if it's just normal swelling?

Treatment of seromas

+2

A large seroma is ballotable. That means if you put your fingers on one side and press on the other side with your other hand you feel a wave of fluid on the first side. Smaller seromas will not produce this sign in which case the best way to find out is to get an ultrasound of the area. If they seroma is large it should be drained. Sometimes that is best done by the radiologist. If it is smaller it may be watched to see if it goes away on its own.

Tell tale sign of a seroma

+1

If you have ever seen a water bed and hit it, it creates a fluid wave. The same type of sign occurs with a seroma.