Seroma Under the Armpit, What Treatment is Best when Draining is Not Work? Who Are the Best Doctors for Treatment? (photo)

My daughter just had her baby. While pregant she developed fat tiss.Two weeks after giving birth my daughter had surgery to remove excess breast tissue. They removed breast tissue and enlarged lymph node. All were benign. Now she is experiencing seroma and pain. The doctor has drained the fluids three times. Each time within a hours, the fluid returns and extra pain. The Seroma appears to look like a breast under her armpit. We need a second opinion on what treatment is best for my daughter.

Seroma?

+1

Ot sounds like she has a seroma that has developed. Often a drain can be placed to help remove the fluid. This may take care of the problem. If not there are other options down the road.  Follow with her surgeon.

Seroma Under the Armpit, What Treatment is Best when Draining is Not Work? Who Are the Best Doctors for Treatment?

+1

Have a drainage system inserted by any general or plastic surgeon in your area. Better yet use the surgeons who did the initial operation. I wonder why the early post birth surgery? 2 weeks seems very early to me??? 

Treatment of Seroma?

+1

I'm sorry to hear about the complications your daughter has experienced after pregnancy. Based on your description of rapidly recovering seroma, it may be necessary to have a suction drain placed. The drain will serve to continuously evacuate accumulating fluid. Although it is a difficult area to dress, a pressure dressing over the involved area may also be helpful.

Generally, a good general or plastic surgeon will be able to  treat this complication.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastReduction.htm