Seroma with Hole After Abdominal Surgery?

I had open abdominal surgery about 3 weeks ago. I started to get drainage from the incision, followed by a seroma, which the doctor packed/took care of. Now I have another, but this one has a hole, maybe a bit bigger than a pencil eraser. Is this normal for a hole of that size to form? Will it close up on its own? Im really nervous about the healing process. I don't understand how the incision will be able to heal properly if there is a hole of that size. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Seroma with hole question

+1

A seroma or fluid collection occurs often after tummy tuck. Quilting sutures at the time of surgery make it much less common. Treatment is to drain the fluid before it finds a way out (hole) or becomes infected or forms a bursa which requires surgery. I hope this helps.

Richmond Plastic Surgeon

+1

There is really not enough info here to answer this in a useful way. Photos would help, as well as an idea of the nature of the surgical procedure you have had. 

Drainage after an intra-abdominal operation has many more possible causes than drainage after a tummy tuck. 

I can say that openings in incisions much larger than a pencil eraser heal all the time without requiring surgical intervention.

Follow closely with your surgeon.