I Have a Seroma for a 2nd Time in the Same Area Should I Drain the Fluid or Remove the Implant? (photo)

I removed my implants 2yrs ago due to a seroma and the implant breaking. i closed the pocket and replaced new implants. i have a seroma now and the DR suggests draining it. i am afraid it will come back. i do not know if i should drain it or remove it and if i remove it i am scared i will lose projection.

Buttock Implant Seroma

+2

Although not common, seromas can and form after butock implants (or just about any surgery for that matter).  In my experience and as long as there is no infection, it is worth draining the seroma initially (and may need several drainings) to see if it resolves the problem.  If the seroma becomes chronic/recurrent past several aspirations then it is time to consider either removing the implant(s) or sclerosing (adding a special solution to cause the seroma pocket to scar down) the pocket to eliminate the seroma.  It is important to first ask your operating surgeon what s/he recommends.  Best of luck...RAS