Seroma Correction After Tummy Tuck?

I had a seroma cavity correction after TT. When my doc has opened the scar, he has found a space, big bruise, appr. 20x25 cms. with scar tissue and liquid inside. He has made the excision of scar tissue, added internal sutures where needed and made insections to ensure the further skin adherence in those places. I wear compression again.I'm really depressed by the bruise size. That means that almost all operated skin didn't adhere to the underlying muscles. What shall I expect?new seroma or worse?

Seroma after tummy tuck

+1

Getting a small to moderate seroma after a tummy tuck is common. The large seroma that you describe is less so. Your plastic surgeon treated it as appropriate. Now you have to heal up a second time. Please be aware that second hand smoke can make the healing process slower.

Good luck and thank you for your question.

Sincerely,

Anire Okpaku MD

Tener desde un pequeño hasta moderado seroma (concentracion de liquido) despues de una abdominoplastia es comun.  Lo que usted describe como un gran seroma es pequeño en realidad. Su cirujano lo trato de manera apropiada. Ahora usted tiene que sanar por una segunda vez. Por favor acuerdese de que el cigarro puede prejudicar el proceso de sanamiento y hacerlo mas lento.

Suerte y gracias por la pregunta

Atentamente,

Anire Okpaku MD

Seroma Correction After Tummy Tuck

+1

Natalia:

You are correct in noting that the skin flap did not adhere to the underlying abdominal wall. The seroma interfered with that normal process of healing.

It sounds like your surgeon did what was appropriate here--removing the wall of the seroma cavity, and suturing the skin flap down to the abdominal wall. 

What you should expect is for your wound to heal, the bruise to resorb, and not to get a recurrent seroma or worse.

Thanks for the question, best wishes.