I Think I Have Some Seroma Complications, How Can I Tell, And What Do I Do?

June 7 2012 I had tt w/lipo and w/out muscle repair. Developed seroma which was drained 2x. dr said remainder was not enough to drain and it would dissipate on its own. It's now Aug 20 and I still have seroma above my belly button just under my breast bone. It doesn't have water bed effect any more but I am wondering if I need to go back? I moved so I would have to fly back and hate to do that if he is gonna be dismissive. Do I wait and see or just find someone local? What are signs encap?

Recurrent seroma

+1

It sounds like you will need several visits to a surgeon.  Agree that you should find a local surgeon...your original surgeon's office may recommend one where you now live.  Best to treat soon.

Maui Plastic Surgeon

Seroma Complications,

+1

If it has been drained twice and seems to have recurred, it may recur after yet another aspiration or drain placement. In that regard, you might be better finding a new physician locally since you may be thinking about two or more round trips rather than just one. 

A third recurrence might suggest the need for a drain &/or sclerosis (injecting a substance to close off the cavity), and neither of these is a one visit treatment. 

Thanks, good luck.