How can I get rid of a seroma after rhinoplasty? Is it normal? (Photo)

How can I get rid of seroma?.. Is this normal? How long it will take?... Any suggestions please.. I need ur help.. I had goretex rhinoplasty.. I'm on my 4th month post op.. After a month seroma became visible... My doctor can't examine me coz I'm working abroad but he advised me to drain the fluid until it will stop and take augmentin to prevent infection.. Please help.. Thanks.. GOD BLESS..

You will need expert follow up

+1
Dear Zhainav,

Any issue such as seroma should be examined and treated by an expert medical professional.  The source of the seroma may be a partially exposed vortex implant or perhaps a mild infection or other type of healing issue.  until you find and see a medical professional you will want to avoid sun exposure, keep your head elevated, and watch for infection.

Dr. Remus Repta

Swelling

+1
Hi, its impossible to see what is happening. If you think you have a fluid build up that long after surgery you need to be assessed by a medical professional, preferably a surgeon who works with nose or facial surgery. I would do this as soon as possible. 

James Bonaparte, MD, MSc, FRCSC
Ontario Facial Plastic Surgeon